Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Honors: It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time

So you're probably wondering where the heck I've been the past week. I need to get better at saying when I'm going to be out for a while, but I'm a teenager! Part of my job is to be forgetful and irresponsible. What's the other half? School ... the first one was more fun. So the reason I've been MIA the past week is because of Honors. What in the world possesed me to sign up for Honors? School hasn't even started yet and they've already put me to work! So a few weeks ago I was given the summer assignments for English and Pre-Calculus in my new school. I would have gotten them sooner but see I was in Europe when they were first handed out. I was suppossed to have all summer to do them. I had about three weeks. For English I needed to read two books, write two papers, as well as several charts and diagrams. They're hard enough. Then I have to do a couple pages of review for Pre-Calc, and then some Intro-Pre-Calc.

Joy. (notice how that was sarcastic)

So now I guess I'm stuck trying to finish several assignment I was supposed to have months to finish in weeks. Mind you, I all this is due on the first day of school and my English assignment counts for 10% of my first marking grade. And I haven't even met the teacher!

(Yes I'm venting. This really has nothing to do with coming to the USA and being bombarded with freaky cultural differences, but I'm a bit frustrated.)

Ok well, I should probably get back to work on them. School was easier in elementary school. Anyone else noticed that?

2 comments:

Lucy Filet said...

Don't worry about venting. Blogs don't always have to be about what you intended them to be, mine isn't:).

Something I was thinking about the other day (while shopping for school clothes) is that I don't have any idea what U.S. size shoe ANY of my kids wear. How messed up is that?

AnnaKay said...

Its not all that messed up for us confused global nomads. =D
I didnt know my shoe size either...I'd say "size 36" and theyd give me a funny look. Oops. I know now Im a size 5 1/2 or 6, so pamela probably is too. With Seth, Toby and Blaise though, you're on your own. ;)