Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Roads Are Too Smooth

That's right folks. I said it. I didn't misspell any words (though that might be a believable situation). I really meant what the title said. American roads are too smooth.

Yeah, when you go to Poland, you have to complain about the roads. Bumpy, cracked, uneven, pothole ridden, and even dented down on either side from the weight of the cars. I really thought that that would be the one thing about Poland I wouldn't miss. Fact is...I do. I don't know, just something about the roads back Poland have something that American roads don't. And I don't mean, thier bumpy-ness.

Side Note: I figured out a way to get pictures onto the blog, without having a camera. Google! yeah, its probably illegal to post pictures from someone else's website, but anway. If these are your pictures, just tell and I'll give you credit, or take them down, which ever... please don't make me take them down. My blog is so boring without pictures =}



Poland roads. They don't look very inviting. They look dangerous.

And American Roads. They look nice, friendly and inviting.



But I like Polish roads. Maybe I am insane after all, or maybe I'm just not ready to let go of Poland, but I like Poland roads better. It's difficult to explain. I think it's because all those cracks gave the roads character. You never really know what you were going to get. And yes, given, what you usually got was a big jolt. But American roads are so boring...so predictable.



Yeah, I think I am crazy after all. Darn it. But I actually have a real reason why I think Poland roads are better: They have more traction! Yep, all those little bumps and cracks make it easier to grip the road. So it a rain storm (which face it we have a lot in Poland) Its actually safer than the slick American roads. So American roads may seem less dangerous, until the rain comes! Or snow. Maybe thats why Americans get snow days with two inches of snow. My school in Poland hasn't had a snow day in 14 years I believe. I think I may be onto something here...

1 comment:

Lucy Filet said...

LOL! We just came back from Krakow and I was actually surprised at how much better the roads are. But I think Papa was not nearly as impressed. My favorite is the highways where there are crossovers and turn arounds. On a highway.