Sunday, July 13, 2008

Penguins at Pizza Hut

As sort of a celebration of arriving to the States unscathed, my family and I decided to go out for pizza, albeit at 9 pm because all our biological clocks were wacked up still from jetlag. But it surprised me that we weren't the only ones at Pizza Hut when we got there, in fact there were three other families, two of which with kids. Not something you would generally see in Poland. Children rarely eat at restaurants, though I'm not entirely sure why, but you just don't see them that much, let alone at 9.00 at night. Huh.

But that was just my side-observation, and I'll bet your wondering what happened to the penguins. Well I'm sorry to say that there weren't any real penguins at Pizza Hut (sadly) what with it being almost 33 degrees C today. But I'll tell you why I think penguins might frequent Pizza Hut in the winter:

So I ordered a medium pizza, forgetting that in America a medium is equal to a large in Poland. It didn't look like I would be able to finish the entire thing in one sitting, so asked for a box that I could put the leftovers in when I was done. Turns out I had even more pizza left than expected because when the box came, three big black words jumped out on the side of it "Reheat and Re-eat!" and so I quickly lost my appitite as my mind filled with the image of a penguin regurgitating her meal for her chick to re-eat. I doubt that was quite intention of the box designer.......I have yet to actual eat the pizza.

1 comment:

Lucy Filet said...

Love it! I'm going to pimp your blog soon, 'cause your perspective is awesome and a cause that's close to my heart!

Reheat and re eat:)!