Saturday, July 12, 2008

Welcome to America

Well we've finally made it. As I write this it is about 4 am, and we have arrived at the hotel (finally). However, I think its 10 in the morning. Jet-lag sucks. After traveling for about 27, we finally arrived in Baltimore at around 1 am, only to find out that one of our suitcases (of course it had to be my suitcase), never actually made it onto the plane. Joy. Luckily it should arrive tomorrow (well technically today I guess) and they will deliver it to the hotel. But for tonight, I guess im kinda stuck without pajamas.

At least our two cats made it safely. And they let all of Baltimore know it. But I suppose after being cooped up in a cage for about 27 hours I'd want to be out of there too.

One of the first things I noticed about Americans, is that they sure seem to love cats. When we went to pick them up, a little boy was sitting infront of their cages with the biggest grin on his face as his mom snapped a picture. Then as I waited with them, while the rest of my family got the rest of our luggage (minus the one that was missing) about 15 different people, and not just kids, came over to Ooo and Aww over them. To be honest I would have helped with the bags, if I wasn't so afraid someone would actually open the cages. And finally on the shuttle to the car rental place a 20 year-old girl sat with her boyfriend and as soon as she heard them:

Girl: Cats!
Cats: Meow!
Girl: Aw! I love cats!
Cats: Meow!
Girl: Aw! Aren't they adorable! Dave, can't you hear the cats?
Cats: Meow!
Girl: There so sweet! I love cats!
Cats: Meow!

And it so went on for a few minutes until the cats started to quiet down.
Luckily the hotel was pretty vacant when we arrived so the cats didn't get any more admirers. Well thats about it for now. I'm now going to sleep, or at least lie down and try to will myself to sleep. Did I mention jet-lag sucks? Welcome to America.

1 comment:

Lucy Filet said...

Hey! I'm totally putting you on my blogroll!

And I was just teasing about the bacon and all...a lot of what I write is totally for the entertaining of the "masses" of my readers. Since most of my readers live in the States, or their respective native country, they have no idea why we collect bacon and ketchup and stuff. Even though we don't eat pork we probably have about 20 packages of turkey bacon.

Sorry for the longest comment ever! But I'm so glad you made it safely.