Monday, July 21, 2008

What's With The AC?

Recently its been hitting well into the 90's in temperature. And its sticky, not the most comfortable. It's ridiculously hot. But, the thing is, I'm carrying around a sweater, or at least a light jacket with me everywhere I go. The reason? These people are obsessed with air conditioning. So this was actually one of my very first observations, but I decided to leave it out of my blog, in case the staggering difference in temperature from inside to outside only applied to the few of the places I had been. But now that I've been here about a week, I found that actually, it not just a few places. Everyone completely overuses the AC. Ok, yes, it is freakishly hot out there, but need we make the inside resemble the Arctic?

I'm not exaggerating. I actually am carrying around a sweater with me, even though it's so hot. I put it on when I come inside, and take it off when I come back out. I've already gotten a few questioning stares. But without it I freeze. It's bad enough that your blood boils outside, but then you're fingers turn to icicles once you step inside. Ok, so maybe that was exaggerating, but not by much. What ever happened to the comfortable midground?

1 comment:

Lucy Filet said...

I do the same thing whenever I visit the States. And Houston is so hot MOST of the year, that it's always freezing inside.